Stowmarket swimming trio impress at ASA East Region Youth Championships
- Credit: contributed
It has been a busy fortnight for Stowmarket Swimming Club’s young competitors.
At the elite end of the spectrum, three of the club’s brightest stars competed in the ASA East Region Youth Championships at the Inspire Luton Sports Village, the venue for ITV’s popular Splash programme, featuring Tom Daley.
Calvin Coe achieved qualifying times to make eight events, Chloe Long five events and Liam Kerry three events.
Commenting on the successful first weekend, Head Coach at Stowmarket Seals, Sylvia Harrison said: “The swimmers all swam really well, achieving personal bests in the long course 50m pool and thoroughly enjoyed the experience”
Meanwhile, at a more local level than Luton, 28 swimmers from Stowmarket Seals spent the weekend competing at the popular Neate Meet at West Suffolk Swimming Club in Bury St Edmunds. The gala is open to all clubs and attracted swimmers from clubs as far as Norwich, Hoddesdon and Romford so it was pleasing to see so many of the Stowmarket swimmers win medals.
You may also want to watch:
The squad consisted of: Lewis, Freya and Jacob Chapman, Mathew and William Debenham, Alex and Hannah Harrison, Jack and Beanie Spain, Evie, Logan and Ollie Pyle, Aidan Coe, Evie Prager, Jack and Chevin, Phoebe Hayden, Luca Clarke, Lucy Griffiths, Cally Pickering, Shannon Evans, Thomas Jordan Pearce, Nick Borrett, Chloe Allen, Amy Davies, Isobel Lancaster, Chloe Long and Manon Everard.
- 1 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 7 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea