Suffolk lose Hall for Bucks tie
Cricket: SUFFOLK have lost the services of South African all-rounder Andrew Hall for their 2003 Cheltenham & Gloucester Trophy first-round tie away to Buckinghamshire later this month.
SUFFOLK have lost the services of South African all-rounder Andrew Hall for their 2003 Cheltenham & Gloucester Trophy first-round tie away to Buckinghamshire later this month.
Hall will be returning home after being included in the South Africa A squad for a seven-match one-day series against Australia A, starting on August 31.
The series will give players the chance to press their claims for inclusion in the national squad for the ICC Trophy in September.
Hall starred for Suffolk in their narrow one-wicket defeat to first-class county Northamptonshire in this year's C&G Trophy third round.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Brooks, Suffolk's director of cricket, said: "It was good to have Andrew involved and we are delighted that he has been chosen by South Africa."
Under the rules of the competition Suffolk have been granted permission by the ECB to seek a replacement overseas player.
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 6 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 7 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads
- 10 Four men released following death of man at Felixstowe lorry park