Suffolk trio ready for Faldo Series
THREE Suffolk players will be competing in the under-16 section of the Faldo Series at Royal St George's on Thursday.Callum Monk (Rookery Park), Chris Gooding (Ipswich) and Alasdair Gillan (Ipswich) will all hope to make a good start in the South East England group.
By Tony Garnett
THREE Suffolk players will be competing in the under-16 section of the Faldo Series at Royal St George's on Thursday.
Callum Monk (Rookery Park), Chris Gooding (Ipswich) and Alasdair Gillan (Ipswich) will all hope to make a good start in the South East England group.
Gillan topped his qualifier at Hoebridge, while Monk and Gooding had low enough handicaps to gain automatic entry. All three will play a second round at Royal Ashdown Forest in July.
Paul and Hugo Dobson, both Fynn Valley Hambro Cup players, are in the field in their respective age groups in the Midland and East Anglia section at Royal West Norfolk on March 27.
Others at Brancaster will be Owen Pearl of Stoke-by-Nayland, who has joined the Sports Academy, Suffolk, and Rhodri Harston, of Felixstowe Ferry, the Wales under-15 champion.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 3 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 4 Search for new Post Office in east Ipswich
- 5 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 6 Felixstowe man who trashed his ex's home ordered to pay compensation
- 7 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 8 Revealed: The Indian restaurants in Ipswich with five-star hygiene ratings
- 9 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
- 10 Teenager involved in burglary which 'trashed' home must do unpaid work
Liam Brace, just back from warm weather coaching with the England under-18 squad in Spain, his elder brother Scott and Michael Swanwill all play in the East Midlands region with Adam Woodhead of Newton Green. Their first event is at Hollinwell on April 30 and the second at Stapleford Park in Leicestershire on June 29.
Scott Brace is corresponding with a university in North Carolina with a view to completing his education and widening his golfing experience.