Suffolk women share the points with Beds
Women's footballSuffolk 2 Bedfordshire 2TWO goals inside the opening 20 minutes by Ipswich Town's Penny Farrow gave Suffolk the advantage in this East Anglian Counties Ladies Championship match at Framlingham.
Suffolk 2 Bedfordshire 2
TWO goals inside the opening 20 minutes by Ipswich Town's Penny Farrow gave Suffolk the advantage in this East Anglian Counties Ladies Championship match at Framlingham.
However, Bedfordshire hit back strongly and had levelled by the interval.
You may also want to watch:
Things looked good for Suffolk as Farrow scored with a free kick while shortly afterwards Jo Welham was tripped in the area and Farrow increased the lead from the penalty spot.
Both Bedfordshire's goals were long range efforts from Claire Thomas, the first one being a free kick and the other a speculative effort from 35 yards.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 6 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 9 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
- 10 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
The closest to a decider in the second half came on the hour when a shot from Suffolk's Michelle Allum was brilliantly saved by goalkeeper Phillipa Copley at full stretch.