Suffolk women share the points with Beds
Women's footballSuffolk 2 Bedfordshire 2TWO goals inside the opening 20 minutes by Ipswich Town's Penny Farrow gave Suffolk the advantage in this East Anglian Counties Ladies Championship match at Framlingham.
Suffolk 2 Bedfordshire 2
TWO goals inside the opening 20 minutes by Ipswich Town's Penny Farrow gave Suffolk the advantage in this East Anglian Counties Ladies Championship match at Framlingham.
However, Bedfordshire hit back strongly and had levelled by the interval.
Things looked good for Suffolk as Farrow scored with a free kick while shortly afterwards Jo Welham was tripped in the area and Farrow increased the lead from the penalty spot.
Both Bedfordshire's goals were long range efforts from Claire Thomas, the first one being a free kick and the other a speculative effort from 35 yards.
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 Ipswich man and Cadillac films with The Only Way Is Essex
- 3 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
- 4 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich man who abandoned Land Rover on train tracks convicted
- 6 'Tit for tat' attacks driven by gang members vying for position, police say
- 7 60 year old family business enters third generation
- 8 Seven arrested after two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 9 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 10 Roadworks at key Ipswich town centre junction set to end this week
The closest to a decider in the second half came on the hour when a shot from Suffolk's Michelle Allum was brilliantly saved by goalkeeper Phillipa Copley at full stretch.