Suffolk Youths go through
FA COUNTY YOUTH CUP first round: Suffolk 2 Beds 1 - SUFFOLK began the game in positive mood and went ahead in the fourth minute when a penetrating move ended with Smith touching in a whipped in cross from Harrison at the near post.
FA County Youth Cup first round
Suffolk 2 Beds 1
SUFFOLK began the game in positive mood and went ahead in the fourth minute when a penetrating move ended with Smith touching in a whipped in cross from Harrison at the near post. Beds were nearly again in trouble when keeper Duke dropped high balls in quick succession but the defenders cleared the danger.
A crucial point in the first half saw Green go clear for Beds and he was brought down by Suffolk keeper Harrington just outside the penalty area. The keeper looked fortunate to escape a red card and he dived to his left to keep out Tyler's free kick.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk took full advantage when Lucci back headed a cross from Thorogood and the ball looped high over Duke to increase their lead in the 20th minute. Beds pulled a goal back when keeper Harrington let Thomkins inswinging corner slip through his hands in the 25th minute. There were long scrappy periods in the game but Smith nearly brought it to life just before the half time whistle with a strong run but he lifted the ball well over the bar.
The second half saw Suffolk create the better of the chances but they failed to find the target and Beds were never really out of it.
- 1 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 6 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 Future of Swarovski in Buttermarket not crystal clear
- 9 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
- 10 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
Green's mazy run ended in a terrific scramble in the Suffolk penalty area before the ball was cleared and Suffolk easily held on to their lead and the now go on to meet Gloucestershire in the second round.