Take a stand for the Blues
BOBBY Moore, Tom Finney, Stanley Rous and Brian Clough have all had football stands named after them.Now Ipswich Town fans have a chance to join those soccer legends - three of them knights - and have the famous North Stand at Portman Road named after them.
BOBBY Moore, Tom Finney, Stanley Rous and Brian Clough have all had football stands named after them.
Now Ipswich Town fans have a chance to join those soccer legends - three of them knights - and have the famous North Stand at Portman Road named after them.
The Evening Star has teamed up with Town to run a super competition in the match-day programme for tonight's Championship clash with Sheffield United.
From January 1 until the end of the season, the North Stand will carry across the top facing the pitch the name of a True Blue fan.
This person will be
determined by a lucky draw after all the winners of the competition have been put into the hat.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 7 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Stowmarket man with foot fetish sexually assaulted woman
All profits generated will be used to purchase additional floodlights at the Ipswich Town academy in Rushmere.
So while the promising young players at the club will gain from the competition, a very lucky Town supporter will be the envy of his mates by having his name in lights at Portman Road.