The changing face of Foxhall
MOTOR SPORT: Work is continuing at a frantic pace today to get Ipswich's Foxhall Stadium transformed into a supercross circuit. Over 400 lorries full of dirt and sand are being used for a spectacular event promoted by Ipswich Witches speedway skipper Chris Louis and featuring top international exponents.
By Elvin King
Work is continuing at a frantic pace today to get Ipswich's Foxhall Stadium transformed into a supercross circuit.
Over 400 lorries full of dirt and sand are being used for a spectacular event promoted by Ipswich Witches speedway skipper Chris Louis and featuring top international exponents.
A big crowd is expected this Saturday night (start 7pm) for the first event of this kind to be held in East Anglia. The course is being built using both the speedway and stock car tracks as well as the centre green.
You may also want to watch:
A number of jumps are being constructed with riders clearing great distances in the air as they lap the course.
Louis said it would be much like indoor events staged in the USA and on the continent with spectators able to watch every inch of action.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
Top riders Carl Nunn, Ricky Higgs, David Campbell, Danny Smyth, David Williams, Tom Church, Jody Smyth, Neil Flockhart, David Willett, Kim Ashkenzi and Mark Jones have already been confirmed as starters.
There is already tremendous interest in the event and it could well become an annual event and worthy
addition to the Ipswich sporting scene.