The Suffolk Cycling series launches with new backer
- Credit: Archant
The Suffolk Cycle Racing Series has today announced its dates for 2014 along with a new sponsor for the series – Maglia Rosso.
With an expectation of attracting more than 1,400 participants to the six midweek series starting June 11 and a standalone event on July 12, the series organisers are thrilled to receive input from a new Suffolk-based business.
The Ipswich-based series offers closed circuit road racing opportunities for new and experienced riders.
Since 2011 the series has grown in attendance with races staged for riders aged seven years and upwards.
Series chairman Tim Snook said: “We are extremely pleased to confirm dates for our fourth successive year and the new support from Maglia Rosso. The series is targeted by cycling enthusiasts and the growth of the series has been spectacular.
“Gaining support and input from local businesses only helps to provide a more professional event that everyone can enjoy.”
Maglia Rosso is a Cycle Shop and Destination Café currently being established in the former Metcalfe Arms pub in Hawstead, near Bury St Edmunds.
- 1 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 3 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 4 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 5 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 6 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 7 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 8 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
- 9 Mobile phone and laptop stolen in spate of thefts from cars near Ipswich
- 10 Couple get engaged after abseiling down Ipswich Hospital block
Father and son owners, Barry and Matt Denny, said they are delighted to be sponsoring this year’s event
Barry said: “This is a great way for our new venture to demonstrate its support for cycle sport in the county, with the Suffolk Series going from strength-to-strength in providing real race opportunities for riders of all ages and abilities in a traffic-free environment.
“Matt and I have both previously participated in the action and look forward to being involved again this year.”
Further information about the racing, dates and opportunities to spectate can be found on the series website – www.suffolkcycleracing.org.uk