Thompson strike earns Suffolk a draw
LOCAL SOCCER: Suffolk CSFA U19B 1 Sussex CSFA U19B 1. Suffolk Schools' newly-selected B team took time to settle at Cornard when they entertained Sussex CSFA in their first St Clement Danes League match.
Suffolk CSFA U19B 1 Sussex CSFA U19B 1
SUFFOLK Schools' newly-selected B team took time to settle at Cornard when they entertained Sussex CSFA in their first St Clement Danes League match.
After 14 minutes a hurried pass out of defence gave Dan Hency the chance to intercept and put John Steele away and give the visitors the lead from clsoe in.
Undeterred, Ian Miller (West Suffolk) at centre back tightened things up and within six mintues, the first of several Suffolk attacks, sparked off by industrious midfielder Jamie Challis (W Suffolk College), gave Peter Thompson (Claydon High) the chance to equalise.
Midfield play by both teams cancelled each other out on numerous occasions until Peter Thompson's powerful 25-yard free-kick was deflected on to the Sussex bar.
- 1 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 2 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 3 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 4 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 5 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 6 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 7 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
- 8 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
- 9 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 10 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
The unbeaten SCSFA U19A team travel next Tuesday to Lewisham to play Inner London at 5pm in the Corinthian Casuals League Two.