Ton-up Sudbury finish in style
JEWSON League champions Sudbury finished off their season in style with a 1-0 win at Dereham to take their points tally for the campaign to 100.Sudbury won at a canter with the home side rarely troubling Ben Nower in the visitors' goal.
JEWSON League champions Sudbury finished off their season in style with a 1-0 win at Dereham to take their points tally for the campaign to 100.
Sudbury won at a canter with the home side rarely troubling Ben Nower in the visitors' goal.
Andy Claydon shot wide before the only goal of the game came in the 16th minute. Robbie Devereux played the ball to Lee Owen wide in the penalty area and the midfielder cleverly dribbled past several defenders to fire home. It was Sudbury's 138th league goal of the season.
The second half was similar to the first with Sudbury having the ball for long periods but unable to penetrate. The one incident of note was when Dereham keeper Fox came out to the on-rushing Claydon only to foul him on the edge of the box. There looked a case for a sending off but referee Steve Artis only produced a yellow card.
You may also want to watch:
There were a couple more scoring chances for the champions and a solitary one for the home side as the game fizzled out.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood