Town come from behind to take the points
Ipswich 2 Burnley 1IPSWICH Town hit back from a goal down to gain three hard-earned Championship points against Burnley at Portman Road today.The Blues hero was striker Alan Lee, who equalised in the 63rd minute and was then brought down by Michael Duff for Matt Richards to win the game with an 82nd minute penalty.
By Elvin King
Ipswich 2 Burnley 1
IPSWICH Town hit back from a goal down to gain three hard-earned Championship points against Burnley at Portman Road today.
The Blues hero was striker Alan Lee, who equalised in the 63rd minute and was then brought down by Michael Duff for Matt Richards to win the game with an 82nd minute penalty.
Lee had struck the foot of the post with a first half header, and he was also denied by two good saves by Brian Jensen.
Ipswich perhaps suffered a first half-hangover after their win at Norwich, but with Richard Naylor up front in the second period they fought their way to victory.
- 1 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 2 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 3 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 4 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 5 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
- 6 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 7 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 8 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 9 Redundant care home being used as homes applying for planning after 5 years
- 10 Strong interest expected as 'prime' town centre shop unit hits market with price tag of more than £1m
Their fans went home happy after such a rip-roaring recovery although the penalty decision looked debatable with Wayne Thomas being sent off for protesting and getting a second yellow card.
Michael Ricketts gave Burnley a 45th minute lead with a slick finish when Town were caught out at the back