Town come from behind to take the points
Ipswich 2 Burnley 1IPSWICH Town hit back from a goal down to gain three hard-earned Championship points against Burnley at Portman Road today.The Blues hero was striker Alan Lee, who equalised in the 63rd minute and was then brought down by Michael Duff for Matt Richards to win the game with an 82nd minute penalty.
By Elvin King
Ipswich 2 Burnley 1
IPSWICH Town hit back from a goal down to gain three hard-earned Championship points against Burnley at Portman Road today.
The Blues hero was striker Alan Lee, who equalised in the 63rd minute and was then brought down by Michael Duff for Matt Richards to win the game with an 82nd minute penalty.
You may also want to watch:
Lee had struck the foot of the post with a first half header, and he was also denied by two good saves by Brian Jensen.
Ipswich perhaps suffered a first half-hangover after their win at Norwich, but with Richard Naylor up front in the second period they fought their way to victory.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 6 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 9 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
- 10 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
Their fans went home happy after such a rip-roaring recovery although the penalty decision looked debatable with Wayne Thomas being sent off for protesting and getting a second yellow card.
Michael Ricketts gave Burnley a 45th minute lead with a slick finish when Town were caught out at the back