Town impress in Denmark
GOAL-machine Darren Bent netted two goals to set the Blues on the way to a second victory of their pre-season tour with a 3-1 win over Helsingor IF.The deadly strike force continue to fire on all cylinders and with a solid defensive partnership at the back developing between Richard Naylor and Drissa Diallo, Joe Royle's men continue to impress.
By Georgina James
GOAL-machine Darren Bent netted two goals to set the Blues on the way to a second victory of their pre-season tour with a 3-1 win over Helsingor IF.
The deadly strike force continue to fire on all cylinders and with a solid defensive partnership at the back developing between Richard Naylor and Drissa Diallo, Joe Royle's men continue to impress.
After a fairly even opening spell, which saw the Danish club creates a few early anxious moments in Town's defence, Darren Bent grabbed the lead with a goal just after the half-hour mark.
You may also want to watch:
Marcus Bent chased the ball down the left flank and the keeper just managed to claw it away but only as far as the supporting Chris Makin, who cross was met by Bent from an angle just on the edge of the six-yard box.
Six minutes later the England U21 international added a second when Helsingor skipper Frederik Hiker failed to clear a pass from Georges Santosl and the teenager made no mistake in neatly tucked the ball away.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 4 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 8 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 9 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
Two minutes into the second half Marcus Bent demonstrated his quick feet and smashed the ball with his weaker left foot from 10 yards after a neat one-two in the build-up between Counago and Darren Bent.
With Town cruising comfortably and never seriously tested by the home side it was against the run of play when the hosts pulled one back in the 67 minute when Stefan Ellenhammer blasted a thunderous shot past Javier Sanchez Broto.