Town remain unbeaten for October
PRESTON 1 TOWN 1IPSWICH Town's five game winning run came to an end at Preston today. But Joe Royle's Blues should be well pleased with a good point against the home side who had won their previous four matches.
PRESTON 1 TOWN 1
IPSWICH Town's five game winning run came to an end at Preston today. But Joe Royle's Blues should be well pleased with a good point against the home side who had won their previous four matches.
David Healy, the former Manchester United player, gave North End the lead after 20th minutes with a header and Craig Brown's team deserved to be ahead at the interval, although Town had come on strongly toward the end of the first period.
After the break Ipswich earned their point as Pablo Counago scored from the penalty spot in the 63rd minute after Fabian Wilnis had been brought down by Paul McKenna. For Counago it was an eighth goal of the season and a fourth penalty. From here on and until the end of the game it was mainly Town who looked the likely winners and the Blues finished the stronger side with Preston relieved to here the final whistle.
There were several solid performances throughout the Ipswich team. They went two down at Crystal Palace only to win 4-3. Here they had to be content with a 1-1 draw after being one down. It was a useful point indeed, for a ground where previous teams having being getting nothing.
The Town recovery continues and Royle's men will hopefully be able to get back to winning ways at home against Gillingham next Saturday.
- 1 Fire breaks out in café near Ipswich town centre
- 2 Child taken to hospital after collision with car in Ipswich
- 3 Car carrying three passengers not wearing seatbelts stopped on A12
- 4 Hopes Summertime Ipswich firework display will go ahead
- 5 New doughnut and coffee chain opening in Ipswich shopping centre
- 6 Fire at waste centre near Ipswich believed to have been started by battery
- 7 Lane closure as lorry overturns on A14 in Felixstowe
- 8 Pride as Ipswich A Level students celebrate results
- 9 'The food at this new Ipswich restaurant tastes amazing'
- 10 Live updates as Suffolk students pick up their A-Level results
IN TONIGHT'S GREEN 'UN:
FOUR PAGE JOE ROYLE FIRST BIRTHDAY SPECIAL – EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEWS WITH JOE, WILLIE DONACHIE AND TONY MOWBRAY