Town's play-off hopes dented
IN TONIGHT'S GREEN 'UNIPSWICH TOWN 2, BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION 2IPSWICH Town dropped two precious promotion play-off points when they could only draw 2-2 with relegation battling Brighton at Portman Road today.
IN TONIGHT'S GREEN 'UN
IPSWICH TOWN 2, BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION 2
IPSWICH Town dropped two precious promotion play-off points when they could only draw 2-2 with relegation battling Brighton at Portman Road today.
It was another disappointing blow for Blues' supporters, hot on the heels of hearing the club has agreed to sell Darren Ambrose and Hermann Hreidarsson.
Brighton – who drew 1-1 with Town away in December – thoroughly deserved their point.
It could have been a different story had Darren Bent scored from the penalty spot soon after coming on for Pablo Counago in the 58th minute.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 6 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 7 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 8 Police cordon off Felixstowe town centre car park after incident
- 9 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 10 Estate agent switches household’s energy supply without telling tenant
Marcus Bent had given Ipswich the lead in the 20th minute, but Brighton levelled in the 66th minute after a Tony Rougier header came off the bar and hit Town keeper Andy Marshall as it went in.
There was doubt about whether it should be given as an own goal.
There was no doubting he was the scorer in the 80th minute with a well-struck shot.
Martijn Reuser hit his first goal of the season in the 84th minute to make it 2-2 with a long-range shot.
Full match report, analysis and pictures – only in tonight's Green 'Un.
PLUS: Maldon v AFC Sudbury FA Vase semi-final special