Town's Royal command performance
IPSWICH TOWN 3 READING 1GOALS by Thomas Gaardsoe, Matt Holland and Jim Magilton earned Ipswich a good win over high-flying Reading and took them within two points of the play-off zone.
IPSWICH TOWN 3 READING 1
GOALS by Thomas Gaardsoe, Matt Holland and Jim Magilton earned Ipswich a good win over high-flying Reading and took them within two points of the play-off zone.
Town made a perfect start with a towering header by Gaardsoe from a Martijn Reuser free-kick in the first minute.
But they appeared to have thrown away their advantage when third-placed Reading equalised 15 minutes later.
You may also want to watch:
The Blues defence was split open by a speedy Royals break, and though Andy Marshall saved Nicky Forster's first effort, Forster put the rebound away.
Town were ahead again on 31 minutes when Holland fired in a stunning drive after Magilton rolled a short free-kick to him 30 yards out.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
Reading were reduced to ten men on 58 minutes when central defender Adrian Viveash flattened Gaardsoe on the halfway line and earned a straight red card.
Magilton sealed the points on 70 minutes with a shot from the edge of the box after a storming run into the box by Fabian Wilnis.