Town stuffed by Baggies
West Brom 4 Ipswich Town 0 Ipswich Town's away day Blues continues with a hefty loss at Tony Mowbray's Baggies.Ipswich were battered in the first half and were fortunate just to be one behind going in at the break.
By Derek Davis
West Brom 4 Ipswich Town 0
Ipswich Town's away day Blues continues with a hefty loss at Tony Mowbray's Baggies.
Ipswich were battered in the first half and were fortunate just to be one behind going in at the break.
But they were much better second half as Alan Lee hit a post with a header and went close on other occasions.
But it was a Lee mistake that led to the Baggies going ahead midway through the first half.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 6 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 9 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 10 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
Filipe Teixeira pounced and threaded a pass past Jason de Vos and Ishmael Miller ran on to finish with a deft goal with the outside of his foot past Neil Alexander.
Man of the match Teixeira slotted in a second a couple of minutes from time before Kevin Phillips continued his run of goals against Town with two at the death.