Town will have massive support
IPSWICH Town are going to get massive support in Saturday's FA Cup, fifth round game at Vicarage Road, Watford.More than 4,500 Blues fans have bought tickets for the clash with Town playing for a place in the last eight for the first time in 11 years.
By Elvin King
IPSWICH Town are going to get massive support in Saturday's FA Cup (sponsored by E.ON), fifth round game at Vicarage Road, Watford.
More than 4,500 Blues fans have bought tickets for the clash with Town playing for a place in the last eight for the first time in 11 years.
This is over 2,000 more than the previous best for a Town away trip this season.
And it is a mark of the tremendous following that the Tractor Boys have - something that is the envy of many other clubs, including some in the Premiership.
With Watford struggling to total 20,000 attendances for games against the top sides in the Premiership, Ipswich players will be able to hear plenty of support during Saturday's match.
- 1 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 2 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
- 3 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 4 Fire breaks out in field near Westbourne Park in Ipswich
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Ipswich assault arrested
- 6 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 7 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 8 Car damaged after object thrown from bridge over A14 outside Ipswich
- 9 Ipswich coffee shop owner receives award from PM
- 10 Ban on BBQs at Suffolk beauty spot due to extreme heat
Town initially requested an allocation of 2,260 and when this was quickly sold out they requested a further batch of tickets.
And these have all been purchased too.
Ticket office manager John Ford said: “We have now sold out after taking our full allocation of around 4,500 tickets.
“Our fans will have one complete stand to themselves.”
Yesterday in The Evening Star, Town manager Jim Magilton said that his team needed the support of fans now more than at any time since he took over.
And it looks as though he is going to get his wish.
Now it is up to the players.