Town will have to pay Marshall to go
TWO clubs are locked in a battle to sign out-in-the-cold Ipswich keeper Andy Marshall.But the 28-year-old former number one will not be going anywhere until Town agree a pay-off.
By Mel Henderson
TWO clubs are locked in a battle to sign out-in-the-cold Ipswich keeper Andy Marshall.
But the 28-year-old former number one will not be going anywhere until Town agree a pay-off. Marshall's contract, worth around £15,000 per week, does not expire until June next year.
And while he is keen to quit Portman Road and continue his career elsewhere, he is equally determined that he will not suffer financially. Ipswich, who have already offered him a free transfer, are now in negotiations with the player's representatives about a
Marshall knows he cannot expect to command as large a salary elsewhere and would be perfectly entitled to stay put until next May.
- 1 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 2 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 3 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 4 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 5 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 8 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
- 9 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
- 10 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
But his agent confirmed today: "Andy wants to play and he's not going to play there (Ipswich) is he?