Town youngsters on international duty
WHILE the majority of the Ipswich Town squad have a restful week planned, four Blues players are away on international duty.Jaime Peters is with the Canadian Under-20 squad for friendlies with Scotland on Saturday at Swangard Stadium, Burnaby and next Tuesday at Royal Athletic Park, Victoria.
By Elvin King
WHILE the majority of the Ipswich Town squad have a restful week planned, four Blues players are away on international duty.
Jaime Peters is with the Canadian Under-20 squad for friendlies with Scotland on Saturday at Swangard Stadium, Burnaby and next Tuesday at Royal Athletic Park, Victoria. Peters has already won 22 Canadian Under-20 caps - and made 12 full appearances.
Striker Billy Clarke will be linking up with the Republic of Ireland Under-21 squad for a friendly with Holland in Venlo next Tuesday. Clarke won his first cap at this level in last month's game against Slovakia in Madeira.
Danny Haynes is in the England Under-19 squad for a friendly against Turkey at Doncaster tomorrow.
The flying Town forward player won his first cap at any level last month when the Under-19's defeated Poland 4-1 at Bournemouth.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 7 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Stowmarket man with foot fetish sexually assaulted woman
Tomorrow's match is a final friendly before the UEFA Under-19 European Championship qualifiers in May.
Highly thought of academy defender Tommy Smith is in the England squad for UEFA European Under-17 Championship elite qualifying round games with Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia and Azerbaijan in Bosnia.
England meet the hosts on Friday, Azerbaijan two days later and Serbia next Wednesday.
Town have a reserve fixture away to Colchester United today (kick-off 2pm) when they will be looking to consolidate their lead at the top of the Pontin's Holidays Combination east section table.
Shane Supple, George O'Callaghan and Billy Clarke were included in the Ipswich squad.
IPSWICH have announced a Kids for a Quid scheme for the final two home games of the season. Youngsters under 16 will be able to watch the matches against Derby County and Cardiff City for £1.
The table-topping Rams are at Portman Road on Saturday, April 14, while Cardiff are at Portman Road on Sunday, May 6.