Tribute to kit man
A SPECIAL tribute was made to kit man Paul Elmer in the dressing room after Saturday's game.The long-serving Elmer began as a part-time employee at Portman Road but then went full time as kit man and coach driver.
By Elvin King
A SPECIAL tribute was made to kit man Paul Elmer in the dressing room after Saturday's game.
The long-serving Elmer began as a part-time employee at Portman Road but then went full time as kit man and coach driver.
He has now left the employ of Ipswich Town, and manager Jim Magilton made a special presentation to him after the Burnley draw.
You may also want to watch:
Players and club officials clubbed together for a suitable gift to mark the occasion - with Elmer typically carrying on working for the next hour to get everything in the dressing room shipshape before taking his leave.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 7 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 8 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths