Two more Pro-Ams for Rushmere
GOLF: FOR several years the Rushmere Pro-Am was one of the biggest and best of its kind in East Anglia.Professionals, and indeed amateurs, came from far and wide to play in this monthly event throughout the winter months.
FOR several years the Rushmere Pro-Am was one of the biggest and best of its kind in East Anglia.
Professionals, and indeed amateurs, came from far and wide to play in this monthly event throughout the winter months.
After a gap of ten years the club decided to hold a one-off Pro-Am in February and it was such a success that two more are to be played in the autumn and winter.
Thursday, October 25 and February 28, 2002 are the dates for the two Pro-Ams.
You may also want to watch:
Thirty teams of four supported the return of the Rushmere Pro-Am in February. The winning professional, Tony Dobson of Bourne Hill Driving Range picked up a cheque for more than £300 with Andy Cotton (Waldringfield Heath) the runner-up and Fynn Valley's Paul Wilby in third place.
Again the format will be teams of four playing medal, off threequarters of a maximum handicap of 24 and the best two scores on each hole to count.
- 1 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 6 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
The entry fee will be £90 per team with an optional £5 team sweep on the day. Lunch is included.
There will be team prizes for the first four teams and the value of prizes will depend on the entry. Priority will be given to those teams that include a professional.
Tee times will be between 8.30am and 12.30pm and the maximum entry is 120.
Entry forms are available from the professional shop at golf clubs or by phoning 01473 728076.