Waldringfield almost home and dry
GOLF: With two meetings remaining, Waldringfield Heath are almost home and dry in the Evening Star Inter-Club Championship.In fact, it would be fair to say that they will be impossible to catch bearing in mind that they always field a competitive side.
WITH two meetings remaining, Waldringfield Heath are almost home and dry in the Evening Star Inter-Club Championship.
In fact, it would be fair to say that they will be impossible to catch bearing in mind that they always field a competitive side.
Waldringfield, past winners, go into the penultimate meeting at Seckford on Friday, October 27 with a 24-point lead over Stoke-by-Nayland.
At the last meeting, held at Fynn Valley, Waldringfield were winners by two points from the host club with Stoke in third place.
Kelvin Vince, the Fynn Valley professional, shot the best of the day, with a three under par 67 with Tim Johnson (Cretingham) on 69 and Robin Mann (Waldringfield Heath) 71.
Mann and Waldringfield co-owner Alan Clarke picked up 41 points, the same as Geoff Holmes and Steve Richel that put them well on their way to victory.
- 1 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 2 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 3 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 4 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 5 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 6 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 7 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
- 8 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
- 9 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 10 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
For the first time in the four years of the competition a club failed to field a team. Brett Vale had to forfeit because they couldn't raise a team and have indicated that they will not be taking part next year.
Following the Seckford meeting, last year's winners, Hintlesham, will bring down the curtain on this year's event at which the presentations will be made.
Fynn Valley scores: Waldringfield 119, Fynn Valley 117, Stoke-by-Nayland 111, Cretingham 108, Ufford Park 105, Hintlesham 105, Seckford 96, Brett Valley forfeit.
Overall totals: Waldringfield 684, Stoke-by-Nayland 660, Fynn Valley 655, Hintlesham 650, Ufford Park 646, Seckford 637, Cretingham 623, Brett Vale 492.