Wanderers and Arms in runners-up clash
SOCCER: IPSWICH Wanderers and Belstead Arms progressed to the runners-up final after winning groups 11 and 12 in last night's SEH Sevens.Division 11 started with Ipswich Wanderers Youth defeating Whitton United 4-2.
IPSWICH Wanderers and Belstead Arms progressed to the runners-up final after winning groups 11 and 12 in last night's SEH Sevens.
Division 11 started with Ipswich Wanderers Youth defeating Whitton United 4-2. Wanderers raced into a 4-0 lead with goals from Pack (2), Laws and Baker before Rodger and Lynch pulled two goals back for Whitton.
In the other match in the division Belstead Arms drew 0-0 with Haughley United.
Both teams came close to winning with Coote seeing an effort cleared off the line for Belstead Arms whilst Haughley had an effort ruled out.
The second round of matches in the division saw both games end in draws.
Whitton United took an early lead through Lynch against Haughley but Martin equalised in the dying minutes of the game.
- 1 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 2 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 3 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 4 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 5 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 6 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 7 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 8 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 9 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 10 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
Ipswich Wanderers drew 1-1 with Belstead Arms. Pack was on target for Wanderers with Vince equalising.
Belstead Arms clinched the group with a 3-0 win over Whitton United.
Deasy gave them an early lead before Coote netted twice in the second half.
In the other match Ipswich Wanderers Youth drew 1-1 with Haughley.
Hawkins scored for Haughley with McGlone on target for Wanderers.
In Division 12 Holbrook Rovers started with a 2-1 win over Murray Rangers.
Willingham and Cracknell were on target for Holbrook, whilst Hurle was on target for Murray Rangers.
Ipswich Wanderers started with a 3-0 win over Ipswich Warriors B.
Daniel Smy headed Wanderers in front early in the game, before Dean Folkard increased the lead with Smy adding a late third.
Holbrook Rovers and Ipswich Wanderers maintained their unbeaten runs in the second round of matches.
Holbrook won a thrilling encounter against Ipswich Warriors B 5-4. Cracknell (2), Lynch, Roberts and an own goal scored for Holbrook with Robinson (2), Wardley and Buccys on the mark for Warriors.
Ipswich Wanderers secured a more comfortable 3-0 win over Murray Rangers. Smy, Miller and Lowe all on target.
Ipswich Wanderers clinched the group with another 3-0 win against Holbrook Rovers.
Folkard, Lowe and Bell scoring the goals. In the other match a solitary strike from Shantie Lewis was enough to give Ipswich Warriors B a deserved two points against Murray Rangers.
The competition concludes tonight with Ipswich Wanderers meeting Belstead Arms (kick- off 7pm) in the runners-up final, before the SEH Sevens final between Crane Sports and Coplestonians.