'We looked like scoring goals' - Jim
“WE looked as though we could score goals,” said Ipswich Town manager Jim Magilton reflecting on yesterday's 1-0 Championship win over Birmingham.“At West Brom on Saturday we played well but did not produce an end product.
By Elvin King
“WE looked as though we could score goals,” said Ipswich Town manager Jim Magilton reflecting on yesterday's 1-0 Championship win over Birmingham.
“At West Brom on Saturday we played well but did not produce an end product. We picked ourselves up after the defeat at the Hawthorns and showed great character.
“Hopefully we can use this result as a springboard to play consistently well every week.
“On our day we are a match for anyone and the players are starting to believe in themselves.
“We deserved the three points.
- 1 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 3 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 4 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
- 5 From Ipswich to LA: 20-year-old Suffolk singer's meteoric rise
- 6 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 7 Homes proposed for two sites at Purdis Farm
- 8 Architects plan to create town hall wedding venue
- 9 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 10 West Suffolk road partially blocked as Mercedes ends up on roof after crash
“We created a number of chances and looked incisive when we pushed forward.
“Billy Clarke came in and did a great job, and it was the same with Matt Richards. I can't fault any one of them.
“Alex Bruce was really determined to do well.
“He handled the match in a really professional manner and I am delighted for him.
“We will be speaking to Crystal Palace about keeping Jon Macken in the next few days.”
Birmingham manager Steve Bruce had no complaints. He said: “It is disappointing to lose to a goal in the last minute, but I cannot argue with the outcome.
“I didn't think we had the cutting edge that we have had in recent weeks.
“Ipswich are a decent footballing side and they caused us a few problems. Their crowd was good.
“When you are on top of the league other sides are out to beat you that little bit more. We have to deal with that.
“His mother should be proud of Alex. He has done very well - the git!”