We're on the up - Royle
THREE-in-a-row Ipswich Town are hell-bent on another maximum points haul against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light tomorrow night.The relegated, but much-fancied, Wearsiders have turned the corner after a record-equalling run of defeats.
By Dave Allard
THREE-in-a-row Ipswich Town are hell-bent on another maximum points haul against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light tomorrow night.
The relegated, but much-fancied, Wearsiders have turned the corner after a record-equalling run of defeats.
But they hold no fears for a Town outfit that have kickstarted their Nationwide League Division One
campaign with home wins over Walsall and Wimbledon being followed by Saturday's 2-1 success at Watford.
"We're five points off the play-off zone and nine points off the top," said Town chief Joe Royle.
- 1 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Bank cards stolen as five cars broken into across Ipswich this weekend
- 4 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 5 Ipswich cannabis dealer avoids immediate jail sentence
- 6 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 7 Delays on A14 after two-vehicle crash
- 8 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
- 9 Soldier headbutted police officer after being caught drink driving
- 10 Impact of pandemic on Ipswich town centre outlined in report
"We'll be going there to win the game. Sunderland are a massive club and the atmosphere will be electric but we won't be going there looking to
settle for a point."
Full story in tonight's Star