Westlake coming on nicely for Town
IAN Westlake proved on Tuesday that the Ipswich Town Academy production line is still in full flow.And the 19-year-old from Clacton said today how exhilarated he felt when he came on for the final 13 minutes of the 2-1 victory over Walsall.
IAN Westlake proved on Tuesday that the Ipswich Town Academy production line is still in full flow.
And the 19-year-old from Clacton said today how exhilarated he felt when he came on for the final 13 minutes of the 2-1 victory over Walsall.
"The fans, particularly in the North Stand, lifted us all," said Westlake. "It did wonders for me and I felt as though I could whip the ball in like Beckham."
On the evidence of Tuesday, Westlake has a big part to play in the future of an Ipswich Town club where big-money signings are currently a thing of the past.
You may also want to watch:
The well-being of the First Division outfit could well depend on the continued development of talented youngsters through the Rushmere-based academy.
See tonight's Evening Star for full story
- 1 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 2 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 9 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 10 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?