Whitton cruise to easy win
SOCCER: Whitton 4 Long Melford 0. Whitton comfortably won through to the next round of the Jewson League Cup with a strong team performance.
JEWSON LEAGUE CUP
Whitton 4 Long Melford 0
WHITTON comfortably won through to the next round of the Jewson League Cup with a strong team performance.
Although the early exchanges were fairly even, Whitton looked the sharper side up front and took the lead in the 17th minute when Swann put Hurd through to crash home from 12 yards.
They went further ahead in the 18th minute when Hurd was the provider releasing Tourney-Godfrey who ran through to fire past Haygreen.
Melford's Pratt was unlucky when his header was cleared off the line. Swann missed a great chance in front of goal. In the 42nd minute Melford's cause was not helped when Arnold was dismissed for tripping Swann on the edge of the box.
- 1 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 3 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 4 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 5 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 6 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 7 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 8 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
- 9 Mobile phone and laptop stolen in spate of thefts from cars near Ipswich
- 10 Two knives found in Ipswich park after six teenagers arrested
Swann made it 3-0 in the 52nd minute when he beat off a challenge and ran 20 yards - sliding the ball past the advancing keeper.
Melford's misery was complete when substitute Sadler added a fourth in the 82nd minute as Whitton too full advantage of the extra player.