Whitton cruise to easy win
SOCCER: Whitton 4 Long Melford 0. Whitton comfortably won through to the next round of the Jewson League Cup with a strong team performance.
JEWSON LEAGUE CUP
Whitton 4 Long Melford 0
WHITTON comfortably won through to the next round of the Jewson League Cup with a strong team performance.
Although the early exchanges were fairly even, Whitton looked the sharper side up front and took the lead in the 17th minute when Swann put Hurd through to crash home from 12 yards.
You may also want to watch:
They went further ahead in the 18th minute when Hurd was the provider releasing Tourney-Godfrey who ran through to fire past Haygreen.
Melford's Pratt was unlucky when his header was cleared off the line. Swann missed a great chance in front of goal. In the 42nd minute Melford's cause was not helped when Arnold was dismissed for tripping Swann on the edge of the box.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
Swann made it 3-0 in the 52nd minute when he beat off a challenge and ran 20 yards - sliding the ball past the advancing keeper.
Melford's misery was complete when substitute Sadler added a fourth in the 82nd minute as Whitton too full advantage of the extra player.