Whitton end with a win
JEWSON SOCCER: Whitton 1 Hadleigh 0. A well-taken second half goal by veteran Andy Callahan gave Whitton a narrow victory in the last Jewson League match of the season for both teams.
Jewson League Division One
Whitton 1 Hadleigh 0
A WELL-TAKEN second half goal by veteran Andy Callahan gave Whitton a narrow victory in the last Jewson League match of the season for both teams.
In the first half, Hadleigh goalkeeper Godbold made good saves from Eaton and Swann while a header from Hurd flew inches wide as Whitton looked the more dangerous outfit.
Hadleigh's first shot on target came after 47 minutes when Bradford forced Hubert to save.
Callahan's vital goal came after 67 minutes with a crisp, low shot from just inside the penalty area.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 5 Lorry overturns on A14 roundabout in Felixstowe
- 6 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 7 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 8 5 roadworks in Suffolk for motorists to avoid this week
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 10 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
Hadleigh then lost Cracknell with a knee injury.