Wilby's on top at Fynn Valley
GOLF: Paul Wilby shot a four under par 66 to win the latest of the series of Fynn Valley Pro-Ams.The home professional had six birdies and two bogeys in his round on his home course with four of the birdies coming in the last five holes.
PAUL Wilby shot a four under par 66 to win the latest of the series of Fynn Valley Pro-Ams.
The home professional had six birdies and two bogeys in his round on his home course with four of the birdies coming in the last five holes.
Wilby won the professionals' prize by one shot from Clacton's Jason Levermore with Alex Lucas (Fynn Valley) a further shot behind.
You may also want to watch:
The next Pro-Am at Fynn Valley will be held in February although, depending on the weather, there could be one in January.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 4 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 5 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 6 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 7 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 8 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 9 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 10 HSBC announces temporary closure of Ipswich branch
Professionals: 66-Paul Wilby (Fynn Valley). 67-Jason Levermore (Clacton). 68-Alex Lucas (Fynn Valley). 70-Robin Mann (Ufford Park) and Simon Harrison (Halesworth).
Team event: Kevin Earp (Bury Driving Range), N Anderson, P Bailey, N Debbyn (13 under) on countback from Alex Lucas, M Etheridge, K Keeble, N Denny. Robin Mann, T Quinton, D Fairs, I Phillips (10 under), Paul Wilby, G Davies, D Hamilton, J Hughes (9 under).
WILBY, Lucas and Simon Dainty, three of the professionals attached to Fynn Valley held a sponsors' day, and home player Tom Burman completed a double by coming out on top in the individual Stableford and was also a member of the winning team.
Stableford: Tom Burman (Fynn Valley) 42 pts, Keith Keeble (Waldringfield) 40 on countback from Geoff Holmes (Waldringfield).
Team prizes: S Dainty, T Burman, A Pears, B Lorkin 91 pts. K Keeble, K Osborne, R Claydon, K Minter 88, A Lucas, G Holmes, R Hall, S Ayles 86.