Will it be fourth time lucky for Mildenhall Fen Tigers?
- Credit: Jeff Higgott
After three rain-offs both Mildenhall and the Isle Of Wight will be hoping it is fourth time lucky as the teams go head to head on Wednesday evening looking to progress into the KO Cup final where the Dudley Heathens await.
Both teams have one change from Sunday’s line-ups, with Kent’s Ben Morley coming in as a guest for Josh Bates, whilst Stoke’s Lee Payne guests for Darryl Ritchings on the Islanders’ team.
Club Chairman Kevin Jolly is hoping that the weather gods relent tomorrow evening, he said: “After all the hard work on Sunday it was soul destroying to see the rain return with such venom just before start time.
“I really felt for our track staff who all put in such a big effort to turn the track around after the morning rain and of course our supporters too who again turned out in good numbers and showed such patience as we waited when the rain came for the inevitable decision to call the meeting off.
“Hopefully we can get the meeting on, and reward them all by giving them a cup final to look forward to at the weekend.
“The lads are fired up and want to get on with the meeting, it is no fun for them turning up and not getting onto the track.
“Although we are only two points behind from the first leg they will need to be on their game from the off, we will be instilling into them the need to put the pressure onto the Isle of Wight from the off and make them do the chasing”
- 1 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 4 Bank cards stolen as five cars broken into across Ipswich this weekend
- 5 Ipswich cannabis dealer avoids immediate jail sentence
- 6 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 7 Delays on A14 after two-vehicle crash
- 8 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
- 9 Soldier headbutted police officer after being caught drink driving
- 10 Impact of pandemic on Ipswich town centre outlined in report
Should Wednesday’s meeting be postponed again, it will be held on Thursday 24th October with a 7.30pm start time, gates at 6pm.
Tomorrows Teams -
Mildenhall Fen Tigers - 1.Stefan Nielsen 2. R/R (Jon Armstrong) 3. Ben Morley (g) 4. Aaron Baseby 5. Danny Halsey (c) 6. Connor Mountain 7. Liam Rumsey
Isle of Wight Islanders - 1. Joe Jacobs (g) 2. R/R ( Brendan Johnson) 3. Tom Perry 4. Lee Payne (g) 5. Ben Hopwood 6. Reece Downes 7. Chris Widman