Willie: I never want to leave
IPSWICH Town coach Willie Donachie today insisted: “I never want to leave.”Donachie is the quiet man in the managerial double act that has taken the Blues to the brink of a Premiership return.
IPSWICH Town coach Willie Donachie today insisted: “I never want to leave.”
Donachie is the quiet man in the managerial double act that has taken the Blues to the brink of a Premiership return.
Town boss Royle is quick to acknowledge the part played by Donachie in the Ipswich promotion challenge and the success the pair have previously achieved at Oldham, Everton, Manchester City.
“The Premiership is our goal and it is always at the back of our minds. It is the only place to be,” said the 53-year-old former Scotland international defender.
“We have the best strike partnership in Darren Bent and Shefki Kuqi and have sorted out our defence, but there is not a lot of difference between playing strengths in the Championship this season.”
Ipswich had a chance to stretch their five-point lead at the top of the table against visiting Leicester today.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 6 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 7 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 10 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
Donachie feels confidence is a key factor in the Blues' surge to the summit.
He said: “I am confident if we do get promoted we will stay up. Using Norwich as an example, we completely outplayed them twice last season and they could not get the ball off us.”