Witches complete signing of Jensen
IPSWICH Evening Star Witches today completed the loan signing of Danish speedway rider Jesper B Jensen.The 30-year-old will ride his first meeting for the Sky Sports Elite League club in their home fixture against Lakeside at Foxhall Stadium next Thursday.
By Elvin King
IPSWICH Evening Star Witches today completed the loan signing of Danish speedway rider Jesper B Jensen.
The 30-year-old will ride his first meeting for the Sky Sports Elite League club in their home fixture against Lakeside at Foxhall Stadium next Thursday.
“I had other offers, but I am looking forward to riding for Ipswich again,” said Jensen, who withdrew his services from an Oxford side a few days before they withdrew from the league two weeks ago.
“In fact, I cannot wait to get started.”
Jensen, pictured, who will come into the side on an 8.45 average and replace long-term injury casualty Mark Loram, rode for Ipswich in 2004.
- 1 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 2 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 3 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 4 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 5 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 6 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
- 7 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 8 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 9 Redundant care home being used as homes applying for planning after 5 years
- 10 Strong interest expected as 'prime' town centre shop unit hits market with price tag of more than £1m
“We did not want to lose him the following year, but he was forced out by regulations,” said Witches rider manager Chris Louis.
“It is unfair to compare Jesper with Mark, but we are confident Jesper will come in and do a great heat-leader's job.
“The rest of our team is making progress and we are more than happy to keep the side intact.
“But if we feel the right moves forward are not being made we have the capacity to make further changes.”