Witches duo in skipper role swap
KIM Jansson could be forgiven if he forgets his 'position' in the Witches pits this season.The 25-year-old Swede knows only too well it is Chris Louis who is captain of the Suffolk side.
By Mike Bacon
KIM Jansson could be forgiven if he forgets his 'position' in the Witches pits this season.
The 25-year-old Swede knows only too well it is Chris Louis who is captain of the Suffolk side. However in a reverse of seniority, Jansson will captain Louis when the pair ride in Sweden.
Jansson is back at Kaparna in 2007 in the Swedish Elite League and the popular man from Gothenburg has been handed the skipper's role.
You may also want to watch:
“It will be strange to be captaining Chris, when I have been captained by him for so long,” Jansson said. “But I'm sure we will continue to get on fine.”
Jansson will again ride in Poland as well as Sweden this year and he admits he needs to manage his time better than he did last year.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
“This might sound strange but I need to organise my sleep much better,” he added. “The one thing I learned about last year was the fact you need to sleep. Sometimes I was only getting a few hours' sleep after racing in one country and driving to another. That is not enough and I will be better prepared this season.”
Jansson will be a welcome return to the Witches side of 2007, but in his fourth season, he is one rider who management want to see improve his average.