Witches looking to pocket bonus point
IPSWICH Witches look certain to pocket the aggregate bonus point at least when they ride at Belle Vue tonight in the Sky Sports Elite League.The Suffolk side thrashed the Manchester-based outfit 65-25 in the corresponding fixture at Foxhall Stadium last month.
By Elvin King
IPSWICH Witches look certain to pocket the aggregate bonus point at least when they ride at Belle Vue tonight in the Sky Sports Elite League.
The Suffolk side thrashed the Manchester-based outfit 65-25 in the corresponding fixture at Foxhall Stadium last month.
The Witches have already made one fruitless trip to Kirky Lane this season, and the weather forecast is such that could well make another today.
Ipswich will be tracking an unchanged side if the meeting goes ahead and, despite new averages coming into force yesterday, they remain in the same riding order.
Now level on points with Eastbourne - with four meetings in hand - and one point behind Reading - with three meetings in hand - Ipswich could see themselves move up the table if they strike consistent form.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 4 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 5 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 6 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 7 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 8 Hunt for Vicky's killer continues nearly six months after suspect arrested
- 9 Man with learning difficulties will not go to prison for sex offence
- 10 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
Belle Vue are one place below Ipswich at the bottom of the table, although their home form is such that the visitors will struggle to get their first away league victory tonight - particularly with Zibi Suchecki and Marcin Rempala never having ridden the track before.
Witches promoter John Louis will team manage the side - and at Swindon on Thursday - because Mike Smillie has work commitments.
“The lads will be going for a win,” said Smillie.
“The least of our objectives will be the aggregate bonus point.”
Tonight's likely line-ups
Belle Vue: A Lindback, A Skornicki, J Screen, K Doolan, S Stead, J Wright, AN Other.
Ipswich: JB Jensen, K Jansson, C Louis, Z Suchecki, R Miskowiak, M Rempala, T Kroner.
IPSWICH are now riding away to Peterborough in the Sky Bet Elite League next Monday, July 9.
TOMASZ Gollob has come back to Ipswich.
The Polish superstar was in town yesterday after riding in the magnificent British Grand Prix in Cardiff on Saturday night.
Gollob rode successfully for the Witches in the treble-winning 1998 campaign - and again the following year.
He spent time yesterday with former Ipswich co-promoter Magda Louis before boarding a ferry at Parkeston Quay with his family, heading to Scandinavia for a Swedish League meeting tomorrow night.