Woodbridge bidding to beat leaders
WOODBRIDGE welcome runaway Eastern Counties 1 league leaders Mersea Island to Hatchley Barn tomorrow in their last home league game of the season. Woodbridge hold a mid-table position, which is creditable after winning promotion last year, but they will be hoping to upset the favourites.
WOODBRIDGE welcome runaway Eastern Counties 1 league leaders Mersea Island to Hatchley Barn tomorrow in their last home league game of the season.
Woodbridge hold a mid-table position, which is creditable after winning promotion last year, but they will be hoping to upset the favourites.
Having been rested last week, Karl Harris should be raring to go in the front row, where he teams up with Adrian Illingworth and Tony Moseley, who performed so well against Stowmarket last week.
Jon Crowther is unavailable so Rob Hopkins is pulled into the second row and Nick Woodley slots into the No. 8 berth, having missed a few matches recently.
Woodbridge will be pleased to see Eddie Johnson back at scrum-half, and his return allows Jamie Smith to revert to his more familiar full-back role.
Johnson has a new half-back partner in Toby Willis, who replaces Ian Rafferty in the No. 10 shirt.
- 1 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 2 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 3 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 4 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 5 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 6 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
- 7 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 8 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 9 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 10 Ipswich pubs offer cash reward to see spiking conviction
Barney Harper comes in for the unavailable Balls on the wing and John Yorke and Anton Rautenbach make up the centre partnership.
Woodbridge II face Mistley in Suffolk League 1 while Bury St Edmunds III entertain Woodbridge III in a friendly.
Woodbridge: Illingworth, Moseley, Harris, Cooke, Hopkins, Sutor, Gray, Woodley, E Johnson, Willis, Manning, Rautenbach, Yorke, Harper and Smith. Reps: Dumbill, Pratley and Rafferty.
Woodbridge II (from): Brewster, Overend, Geater, Armour, D Nel, J Nel, Garrod, Simpson, Richardson, Barton, Thickett, T.Johnson, Michael, Kennedy, Pugh and Humphrey.