Woodbridge collect the three points
SIL SOCCER: Capel Plough 1 Woodbridge Athletic 4. A bone hard ground and the wind blowing down the pitch made conditions difficult for the players, and resulted in numerous stoppages for goal kicks and throw-ins.
Capel Plough 1 Woodbridge Athletic 4
A BONE hard ground and the wind blowing down the pitch made conditions difficult for the players, and resulted in numerous stoppages for goal kicks and throw-ins.
Woodbridge kicking into the wind, broke out of defence to go ahead in the 13th minute when a mistake by a defender allowed Calver to beat the keeper with a close range volley.
The visitors increased their lead in the 20th minute, a cross from Bouttelle spinning out of the
You may also want to watch:
keeper's hands, allowing Calver to tap home.
Capel reduced the arrears four minutes later, a wind-assisted free kick from King deceiving defenders and keeper, the ball finishing in the bottom corner of the net.
- 1 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 2 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 3 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 4 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 5 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 6 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 7 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 8 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 9 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 10 High winds close Ipswich festival event temporarily
With wind advantage, Woodbridge controlled play for long spells in the second half, increasing their lead with a goal from Stewart on the hour.
Three minutes later Green tapped in a low cross from Stewart.
In isolated home attacks, keeper Dixon saved well a shot from Alvins and a volley from Collins struck the upright with the keeper beaten.
Capel lost keeper Hunt in the 80th minute, being replaced by manager Powell who was fortunate to save when a shot from Calver rocked his cross bar in the closing minutes.