Woodbridge hold title hopefuls
JEWSON SOCCER: Wroxham 2, Woodbridge 2. Wroxham did Sudbury a favour by taking points off title challengers Wroxham, and they deserved their draw by playing with conviction and hard work.
Wroxham 2, Woodbridge 2
WROXHAM did Sudbury a favour by taking points off title challengers Wroxham, and they deserved their draw by playing with conviction and hard work.
The visitors went ahead in the seventh minute when Wroxham relinquished the ball for Andy Coote to score off an upright.
Chances came at either end but Wroxham equalised in the 30rth minute, when Carter mis-hit his shot and the ball flew to Damien Hilton who beat Garnham from less than six yards.
The visitors restored their lead in the 53rd minute when a free kick by man of the match Simon Gray, fell to Simon Head who beat Phillips from close range.
- 1 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Bank cards stolen as five cars broken into across Ipswich this weekend
- 4 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
- 5 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 6 Delays on A14 after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Ipswich cannabis dealer avoids immediate jail sentence
- 8 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 9 Soldier headbutted police officer after being caught drink driving
- 10 Impact of pandemic on Ipswich town centre outlined in report
Wroxham were on the rack for a period but broke out to equalise again in the 70th minute when Justin Fox latched onto a through ball to drive low past the keeper from 12 yards.