YM back to winning ways
Harwich & Dovercourt 10 Ipswich YM 15The Medite backed Ipswich YM got back to winning ways this week when they overcame a difficult obstacle at a gale lashed Harwich.
Harwich & Dovercourt 10 Ipswich YM 15
The Medite backed Ipswich YM got back to winning ways this week when they overcame a difficult obstacle at a gale lashed Harwich.
As expected, the home side proved a far tougher opponent than in the two sides earlier league encounter, when the Rushmere team ran out 49 - 0 winners. Improving weekly and with home field advantage, the Essex men showed a real confidence throughout and coach Noel Holloway was more than satisfied with the two league points gained in this EC2N match.
First half tries from Clive Day and Ed Banks and a penalty and conversion from John Hood with the wind at their backs proved just about enough to seal the win for the visitors. The YM restricted H&D to just the one late try, scored by Paddy Francis who also dropped a goal earlier in the half, and the conversion by James Leeks ,to eventually run out 15 - 10 winners.
You may also want to watch:
Highlights for the travellers were the power of the scrummage and, despite some "different" interpretations of the laws by the merry whistle blower, the superb running and support play of back row colleagues Derek Cawston and Phil Howard, the latter playing in the form of his life.
The YM now have two weeks to prepare for the huge league match at home to the top side Colchester.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 8 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
YM Hawks 13 H&D 2's 7