Zoe is still treble tops
SWIMMING: Zoe Cray might be feeling disappointed to have missed out on a place in the Commonwealth Games this week, but it certainly hasn't stopped her achieving continual pool success.
ZOE Cray might be feeling disappointed to have missed out on a place in the Commonwealth Games this week, but it certainly hasn't stopped her achieving continual pool success.
The Ipswich swimmer proved her superb ability once again last week when she took home three golds from the 2002 Cambridge Open Meet.
Just five Ipswich swimmers made the trip to this year's popular event, but each one unquestionably proved the enormous strength and talent within the club.
The select squad of swimmers included Cray, Aimee Mallion, James Freezer, Joseph Rhodes and Matt Vinter.
Collectively, their achievements gave them an overall position of second visiting club – only falling behind the much larger team from Norwich Penguins.
- 1 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 2 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 3 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 6 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 7 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 8 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
- 9 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 10 'My son has never seen a health visitor' - Pandemic parents battle
In all a total of eight first places were achieved at the Meet.
Aside from Zoe's three golds, Matt Vinter also took three, with the increasingly successful Joseph Rhodes taking a further two.
Matt, who continues to impress on the regional and national circuit, finished top overall boy of the competition and was presented with his award at the end of the evening session.
The 13-year-old claimed first place in the 100 metres Butterfly, Backstroke and Freestyle.
Overall results for the Ipswich Swimmers were: Open 100m Freestyle – 1 Zoe Cray 57.33.
Open 100m Backstroke: 1 Zoe Cray 1.02.50.
Open 50m Freestyle: 1 Zoe Cray 26.56.
Open 100m Individual Medley: 2 Aimee Mallion 2.33.81.
Open 100m Freestyle: 3 Aimee Mallion 1.01.78.
Open 100m Butterfly: 2 Aimee Mallion 1.08.43.
Open 50m Freestyle: 5 Aimee Mallion 29.29.
Open 200m Individual Medley: 5 James Freezer 2.23.47.
Open 100m Freestyle: 7 James Freezer.
Open 100m Breaststroke: 2 James Freezer 1.10.3.
Open 100m Backstroke: 5 James Freezer 1.07.42.
Open 100m Butterfly: 4 James Freezer 1.04.30.
14/15 100m Freestyle: 1 Joseph Rhodes 55.16.
14/15 100m Butterfly: 1 Joseph Rhodes 1.02.59.
12/13 100m Butterfly: 1 Matthew Vinter 1.04.81.
12/13 100m Freestyle: 1 Matthew Vinter 58.63.
12/13 100m Backstroke: 1 Matthew Vinter 1.06.91.
12/13 100m Breaststroke: 3 Matthew Vinter 1.21.61.