Forget a Cosmopolitan, have you tried a Bubblegum Daiquiri or a butter toffee popcorn cocktail?
- Credit: Archant
Cocktail lovers in Ipswich are spoilt for choice with expert mixologists on hand at the likes of Revolution, Coast to Coast and Cosy Club - but could these fruit concoctions save the bar industry?
Daniel Shearer, deputy manager at Revolution, said: “There definitely has been an increase in demand for cocktails in the last 12 months, and in the last six months it has remained steady.
“The whole climate is in decline at the moment and bars are struggling yet cocktails have still increased for us.”
He listed the Strawberry Woo Woo, Pornstar Martini, Bubblegum Daiquiri, an Espresso Martini and a Blank Canvas as being the top five.
“Cocktails have moved to something we call disco cocktails those are the popular ones because they look good, they are bright, they are fruity and exciting.”
You may also want to watch:
Samantha Haste, sales and events manager at the Old Cattle market bar, said Porn star Martini and other traditional cocktails are included in the Disco section and added: “Everyone knows them, they are more traditional.”
American eatery Coast to Coast has also noticed the rise in demand for the alcoholic blends.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 9 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 10 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
Connor Rudland, manager of the restaurant, said: “I would say there has been an increase, I think the culture is getting better obviously it is always going to help here when we have ‘2for1’ deals on. But in general it is all picking up.”