Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Sunset Boulevard coming to Ipswich Regent
- Credit: Archant
Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Tony Award-winning musical Sunset Boulevard is coming to the Ipswich Regent for a week-long run next year.
It’s a story of romance and obsession based on Billy Wilder’s legendary film, with Don Black and Christopher Hampton’s book and lyrics.
Ria Jones stars as faded silent-screen goddess Norma Desmond, who seduces poor screen writer Joe Gillis into her reclusive world. He’s persuaded to work on her masterpiece, a film script she believes will put her back in front of the cameras. His love for another woman leads him to try to break free - with dramatic consequences.
Internationally acclaimed musical theatre actress Jones received standing ovations every night when performing the role at the London Coliseum. The score includes With One Look, The Greatest Star of All and The Perfect Year.
The Curve production runs next March 5-10. Tickets go on sale from 9.30am.
You may also want to watch:
There is 10% off tickets for the Monday to Thursday performances until 5pm on June 30.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 3 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront