Bands confirmed for Ipswich Music Day on Sunday, July 5
- Credit: Archant
The line-up for Ipswich Music Day has been announced, with dozens of acts ready to play across nine stages.
The event, which is the largest free one-day music events in the country, will be held in Christchurch Park from 12-8pm on Sunday, July 5. Nearly 70 bands will be performing at the event which regularly attracts around 40,000 revellers.
The event will feature cover bands, tribute acts and original bands, as well as choirs, world music and instrumental groups.
The line-up includes Hot Tramp, Off the Wall, the 4130s, benjamin Bloom, Primo Nelson and Moon Street. Rob Climpson, drummer from The Mementos will be performing at the event for the first time. He said: “We really cannot wait, and it’s nice to go to a festival where you can play the hits that people will know.”
Peter Riches, bass player for Key Features, will be returning to the event.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “It’s a great event and brings together a wide range of music from the area.”
The day is one of a number of events that will be part of the Ip-Art Festival, which runs from June 19 to July 12.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 3 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 4 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 5 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 6 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 7 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
Bryony Rudkin, portfolio holder for culture at Ipswich Borough Council, said: “This is an exciting line-up with some new faces as well as old friends who will be playing to a huge audience in the park.
“This is the biggest free one day music event in the country and a great opportunity for aspiring musicians to show us what they can do. After all, this is where Ed Sheeran was spotted a few years ago.”
To see the full line-up visit ip-art.com.