Ipswich tomato tasting footage due to be shown on The One Show
- Credit: Archant
Footage of shoppers in Ipswich tasting extra-special tomatoes is expected to be shown on The One Show tonight.
Screen Suffolk, the official film office for the county, has posted on Facebook that the item, spotlighting cherry tomatoes from the new giant greenhouse at Great Blakenham, is due to be screened in tonight’s (Wednesday, March 6) edition of the BBC1 show, which starts at 7pm.
The new salad fruit was offered to the public on Ipswich Cornhill by Chris Bavin and a team from the show for a taste test. People were invited to taste the local tomatoes alongside imported fruit.
The show, presented by Matt Baker and Alex Jones, was also due to be available to watch via BBC iPlayer shortly after transmission if you miss seeing it live.
The first crop from Sterling Suffolk’s massive new greenhouse is now being harvested and is expected to turn up in the nation’s supermarkets over the next few days – competing with tomatoes grown in Holland, Spain and Morocco.
You may also want to watch:
The temperature-controlled greenhouse where the tomatoes are being grown is one of the largest in the country.
- 1 Police on scene of 'ongoing incident' in Ipswich cul-de-sac
- 2 Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- 3 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 4 Critical care full and nearly 700 patients fighting Covid in hospital
- 5 Tributes paid to Ipswich's 'best-loved shopkeeper' Hajara 'Sid' Singh
- 6 Closure of Debenhams stores in Suffolk and north Essex confirmed
- 7 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 8 Severe delays on A14 following collision between lorry and car
- 9 Death of 'happy go lucky' woman could not have been predicted
- 10 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star