Doctor Who and Harry Potter stars will bring comic book culture to life
- Credit: Archant
Colin Baker, best known for his role as the sixth Doctor Who will be coming to Ipswich as a comic con show returns fro the second time this year.
The sci-fi star will be joined by Josh Herdman, who played Gregory Goyle from Harry Potter, and Red Dwarf star Hattie Hayridge when Ipswich Unleashed takes place at Ipswich Town Football Club on Sunday, December 9.
Sharon Hall, event manager, said: “Ipswich Unleashed is a geeky family day out for all ages where you can meet guests from films, TV, costume characters, artists and cosplayers.
“We will have a trading area where visitors can get their hands on geeky collectables and toys that aren’t available anywhere else.
“We will also have two gaming areas and competitions running all day.”
You may also want to watch:
Guests can high-five Bumble Bee and Optimus Prime, meet paranormal investigators and elimination specialists and visit the retro gaming area to add a touch of nostalgia to their day.
Fans will be dresses as their favourite superhero characters and can take part in the cosplay competitions.
- 1 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 Future of Swarovski in Buttermarket not crystal clear
- 9 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
- 10 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
The action packed day will run from 11am to 4pm. Adult tickets are £6, under 12s are £4 and under 5s get in for free.