Doctor Who and Harry Potter stars will bring comic book culture to life
- Credit: Archant
Colin Baker, best known for his role as the sixth Doctor Who will be coming to Ipswich as a comic con show returns fro the second time this year.
The sci-fi star will be joined by Josh Herdman, who played Gregory Goyle from Harry Potter, and Red Dwarf star Hattie Hayridge when Ipswich Unleashed takes place at Ipswich Town Football Club on Sunday, December 9.
Sharon Hall, event manager, said: “Ipswich Unleashed is a geeky family day out for all ages where you can meet guests from films, TV, costume characters, artists and cosplayers.
“We will have a trading area where visitors can get their hands on geeky collectables and toys that aren’t available anywhere else.
“We will also have two gaming areas and competitions running all day.”
You may also want to watch:
Guests can high-five Bumble Bee and Optimus Prime, meet paranormal investigators and elimination specialists and visit the retro gaming area to add a touch of nostalgia to their day.
Fans will be dresses as their favourite superhero characters and can take part in the cosplay competitions.
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 4 WATCH: Former policeman given blue light salute during 24-hour marathon
- 5 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 6 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 7 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 9 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
The action packed day will run from 11am to 4pm. Adult tickets are £6, under 12s are £4 and under 5s get in for free.