Free fun day in Ipswich park this weekend with live music
- Credit: CHARLOTTE BOND
A neighbourhood support group is planning a free community fun day this weekend, with live music and activities including a bouncy slide.
IP3 Good Neighbours will be hosting the free event at Murray Road Park from 12 noon to 4pm on Saturday, August 7, with support from. Murrayside Community development and the Friends of Murray Park group.
There will be music from Ipswich Hospital Band's Wind Ensemble, the Glenmoriston Pipe Band and singer and trombonist T-BoNe.
The fun day will also have stalls and activities, a bouncy slide and refreshments, all at no charge.
IP3 Good Neighbours chairman Paul Daley said: "We see this as a great way to get the community together following Covid and to have fun together."
After originally setting up as a Covid-19 support group, the group is currently forming a charity with plans and funding for a range of community activity and support.
Ipswich borough councillors are supporting the event, with Bill Quinton having given money from his locality budget, while Sarah Barber is going along on the day.
For more details of the group, visit the website or visit @ip3ipswichgns on Facebook.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 6 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 7 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
- 10 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich