Five of the best walks to take around Ipswich's parks with a coffee stop
- Credit: Ella Wilkinson
Ipswich is blessed with a number of stunning parks that are a treat to walk around in the January chill.
Here are just five potential spots to walk through, with a place to grab a drink close by to keep you warm.
Christchurch Park, just north of Ipswich town centre, is one of the town's biggest attractions thanks to its sprawling fields, wooded areas and the Christchurch Mansion, which doubles as a museum.
A number of vendors can be found in the park to pick up a cup of coffee or other hot drink, while the Woolpack pub can be found in nearby Tuddenham Road.
The largest park in Ipswich extends over 124 acres and has plenty of walking routes for families to enjoy.
There's a number of cafes in nearby London Road on your way into Chantry, while the park also has the Sweet William's Bakery at the bowls club.
- 1 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 4 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 7 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 8 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 9 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
Zoe Hayman-Cox started up the coffee shop last summer after quitting her job in employment disputes to take up her passion of baking.
Just around the corner from Ipswich Waterfront is the 67-acre Holywells Park, which features a children's play area and plenty of streams running through its woodland.
The Stables Cafe can be found at the south entrance, just off Cliff Lane, while a number of cafes can be found within a short walking distance.
The rolling hills are a key feature of Landseer Park in south-east Ipswich, with Ipswich BMX Club's track found at the centre.
Kenny's Cafe and Rendezvous Cafe are two of the closest coffee shops, with both being just a short walk from the park.
Bourne Park is just around the corner from Fox's Marina, with the Outlook Cafe offering stunning views of the waterfront.
The park itself has a beach-themed play area that is perfect for keeping youngsters entertained, as well as a small paddling pool that is open between May and September.