Popular Christmas Day swim to return for 2021
- Credit: ST Elizabeth Hospice
Hundreds of people will be braving the cold as the Christmas Day dip in Felixstowe is making a return this year after being cancelled in 2020.
The event, which is organised by St Elizabeth Hospice, will be returning for its 17th year at 10am on Christmas Day.
The swimmers will be meeting opposite Manning's Amusement on Felixstowe seafront.
Becky Jedrzejewski, events and challenges fundraiser at St Elizabeth Hospice, said: “We are thrilled to announce the return of our Christmas Day dip for 2021.
"After not being able to host the dip in 2020, we can’t wait to welcome back our supporters as they the plunge for the hospice this Christmas.
“The Christmas Day dip is always such a popular event full of festive fun and atmosphere and it is the perfect way to start your Christmas morning, all while supporting the hospice.
“With early bird tickets now available there is no better time to register and start encouraging friends and family to sponsor you."
There will be no on the day sign up but early bird tickets for the event start at £9 and can be purchased online.
- 1 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 4 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 5 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 6 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 7 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 8 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries