Five festivals coming to Ipswich this summer
- Credit: Ipswich Jazz Festival and Global
A summer without any Covid restrictions appears to be looming and that means festivals are returning en masse.
Here are five summer festivals coming up in Ipswich.
1. Ipswich May Day Festival
Where: Alexandra Park, Ipswich
When: Sunday, May 1
Provided by the Ipswich and District Trades Council, the May Day Festival is a family-friendly day of celebration which has been running since 1978. It will feature three stages of music, poetry, stallholders and rides, with acts to be announced shortly.
- 1 Promising young footballer ran Ipswich 'Maxwell' drugs line
- 2 A12 to be closed over most nights for next few months due to roadworks
- 3 First-ever beer festival being held in village near Ipswich
- 4 A14 reopens after crash leaves car on its roof
- 5 Bike enthusiast Marley given fitting escort on his final journey
- 6 Police 'extremely concerned' for missing man with links to Ipswich
- 7 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 8 Apple AirPods and jewellery stolen in break-in at home in Ipswich
- 9 Did you spend a night out at the old Gainsborough Hotel pub?
- 10 Road in village near Ipswich closed due to burst water main
2. Sproughton Beer Festival
Where: The Tithe Barn, Sproughton
When: Saturday and Sunday, May 14 - 15
With 27 different beers at three pints for a tenner, the Sproughton Beer festival promises to be a wild time for all ale enjoyers.
Featuring local bands and artists including Salty Groyne, Will Foley, Back Porch, Terry Mackley and The Rock Choir, the volunteer-run event at the tithe barn is shaping up to be fantastic fun.
3. Ipswich Jazz Festival
Where: Christchurch Park
When: July 2
Featuring five stages of blues, jazz, world and Caribbean music, Ipswich Jazz festival is a blast of culture and music in the centre of Christchurch Park with fantastic musicians from around the world.
On top of the 20 artists performing a vast variety of music, Ipswich Jazz festival also offers sessions where you can learn things from Israeli, Spanish and Brazilian dance moves to Chinese drumming and capoeira.
You can even learn to play the Boomwacker!
4. Family Fun Fest Ipswich
Where: Trinity Park, Ipswich
When: July 23-24
Price: £7.59 per person per day
Essentially four events in one, with Kidsfest, Dinofest, DogFest and Ridefest all on the same site - there will be something to suit the whole family at Family Fun Fest Ipswich.
Activities including jumping on a bouncy castle, water fights, stilt walking and circus skills are all included in the ticket price while on top of this, the festival ground will be crawling with princesses, superheroes, dinosaurs and more.
Other activities include go-karting, fairground rides, princess carriage photo opportunities, and pony rides.
5. Let's Rock Ipswich
Where: Trinity park
When: September 10
Price: £48.38 inc. booking fee
Featuring titans of the 80s, including Adam Ant, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Heather Small, Nik Kershaw and more, Let's Rock Ipswich will take you back to a world of shoulder pads and excessive hairstyles, even if you never lived through it.
In addition to the music, a wide variety of catering will be available.