Is your pet dog the holiest hound in Hadleigh?
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A new dog show is coming to the Deanery Gardens in Hadleigh this weekend.
The Holy Hounds dog show, organised by Hadleigh Old School, will be raising funds for St Mary's Church and the Deanery tower.
The fun and family-friendly dog event will take place in the Deanery Gardens on Sunday, July 11 and will last for three hours, starting at 2pm.
There is an admission charge of £10 per family (of humans and dogs), and this includes entry in up to five classes.
The classes include 'dog that looks like its owner', young handler and veteran handler, scruffiest dog, best rescue, waggiest tail, best dressed in a dog collar, cheekiest dog, most regal canine, and friendliest dog.
You may also want to watch:
The final class is the 'best in show', where a dog will be crowned the 'holy hound of Hadleigh'.
The mayor of Hadleigh, councillor Frank Minns, will be in attendance along with a number of judges from Adnams, Anglia Woofers Dog Training and more.
- 1 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 2 Ipswich bar forced to close early after staff attacked
- 3 New restaurant set to open at former Little Waitrose store this year
- 4 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 5 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 6 Man in his 80s seriously injured after crash near Copdock
- 7 A12 closed near Ipswich following serious collision
- 8 Celebrations as Starbucks opens its new Ipswich drive-thru
- 9 60 sausage dogs enjoy picnic in Ipswich's Christchurch Park
- 10 Woman injured after being struck by van near Morrisons in Ipswich
On the day, there will be refreshments and lots of canine attractions for your four-legged friends to enjoy.