Face your fears! Handle spiders and snakes at Big Day Out
- Credit: Suffolk New College
Visitors will get the chance to handle spiders and snakes at a college's family fun day next month.
Suffolk Rural, formerly known as Otley College, is preparing to hold its Big Day Out on Thursday, June 3.
There will be a strong emphasis on being Covid-safe, and the event will be split into two half-day sessions to limit numbers on site at any one time.
Attractions will include animal areas with livestock, equine displays, a flower competition, food stalls, giant Jenga, music and tractor rides.
Each college department will also showcase what they do via interactive displays.
You may also want to watch:
Marketing events co-ordinator Charlotte Rossiter, organiser for the event, said: “This Covid-safe fun day will be a chance for people to come along and see the huge range of courses and activities that are taking place amidst the relaxed setting of Suffolk Rural.
“Our aim is to make this a celebration of farming, the county and the college and we can’t wait to welcome everyone along."
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 4 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
All activities will take place outside, in the open air and under cover.
Tickets are free but need to be pre-booked via the event website.